The Learning Hub
The Learning Hub was formerly known as the Resource Library. It opened as the Professional Resource Centre for Child Care in 1994 on King George Road and became part of the OEYC: Brant in 2002. With the name change from OEYC to EarlyON, the Resource Library is now known as The Learning Hub.
The Learning Hub is currently closed to in-person visits, due to the provincial lockdown.
Learning Hub is OPEN for Curbside Borrowing
The Learning Hub is now open for curbside borrowing. Please call us at 519-759-3833 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you would like to borrow for your childcare program or family. The available inventory will exclude books and toys made of porous material since it can not be disinfected easily. Plastic toys that can easily be cleaned and disinfected will be available to borrow. We will do our best to choose toys that meet the ages of your children and as per your requests.
Due to COVID 19 we have a few new policies in place to ensure a safe borrowing experience:
- Please pick up the toys curbside near the front door of 30 Bell Lane. (Please wear a mask and physically distance when you pick up the toys)
- Child Care caregivers and parents please wash and disinfect all toys upon receipt. (Disinfecting Instructions will be on a laminated card in the bag)
- Five toy items may be borrowed at one time for two-week loan period
- If you are not a member and wish to join, we will email you a membership form
Hours of operation for the Professional Learning Hub library are Mondays and Thursdays 9-4, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9-7, Fridays not available, and Saturdays 9-12
Thank you for returning to the Learning Hub!
The Learning Hub Hours for curbside borrowing:
Monday 9:00 am- 4:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am- 7:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am- 7:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am- 4:00 pm
Saturday 9:00-12:00 pm
THE LIBRARY WILL BE CLOSED ON THE WEEKENDS THAT INCLUDE A STATUTORY HOLIDAY.
Equipment Room Services
Currently unavailable due to provincial lockdown.
Members have access to numerous pieces of equipment. To view membership options, please see below. Materials costs may apply if members are purchasing materials to use during their visit to the library equipment room. Click here, to see our current price list.
- Die Press Equipment and Sizzix Equipment
- Photo Copier / Colour Copier
- Bookbinding Machines
- Computer / Internet Access / Boardmaker/ Picture communiaton program
Toy Lending Services
- Toys, games, invitation and provocation kits, and resources suitable for children infant to school age
- All items are available to borrow for a two-week period and can be renewed for an additional two weeks.
- Members may borrow up to five items at one time.
The Learning Hub Membership Guidelines
View the Learning Hub membership options – different membership options and costs are detailed in this brochure. Full membership includes full usage of Lending Library and equipment room facilities at a cost saving to the member of $10.
Please print the Membership Application & Guidelines and bring with appropriate payment (cash, cheque payable to Community Living Brant, or debit) to 30 Bell Lane, Brantford during Learning Hub hours of operation. Alternatively, you can complete the form in person at 30 Bell Lane, Brantford Ontario. Please note: during Provincial Lockdown, we can only accept exact cash or a cheque payable to Community Living Brant.
Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable. All members must be 12 years of age or older. Payment options: Cash, Cheque, Debit or Billed (for those with pre-approved billing privileges),
1. Full Membership – Full membership holders are only used by the individual whose name appears on the card. This membership provides access to all Resource Library services and discounted rate for Professional Development workshops for professionals, educators, parents and caregivers.
Full memberships are available in many different forms.
Student $20.00 must be full time student with current student card
Family membership indicates two people living at the same address that are over 12 years of age. All individual membership rules, limits and regulations apply.
2. Group Membership – $175.00 for 5 individual memberships and $35.00 for each additional membership thereafter. Each group must have one designated contact person. Group members are entitled to the same benefits as individual members with a full membership.
3. Toy/Resource Lending Membership – This individual membership is available for Resource Lending of all library items at a cost of $25.00 per membership. Library loan materials can go out for two weeks at a time and members can take out five items. Items can be renewed for an additional 2 week loan period as long as there are no outstanding fees owing. Members must call on or before the original due date to renew items.
4. Equipment Room Membership – This individual membership is available for the equipment room use only at a cost of $25.00 each for the individual whose name appears on the card. Equipment Room members are entitled to use all of the equipment available in the Equipment Room section of the Learning Hub including access to die press machines, laminators, colour photocopier, coil binding machine, computer, and resource books on site. People using the Equipment Room may bring their own materials to use while working in the room but may also purchase available materials as well (see price list).
5. Day Pass – Day passes are available for non-members, at a rate of $5.00 per day. See Equipment Room membership to see what is available when visiting the Equipment Room.
6. Punch Cards – Punch cards may be purchased to provide access to equipment – see day pass. Punch cards can be transferred to various individuals within an organization, unlike an individual membership; rate is $40.00 and can be used for ten visits, or $35.00 if purchased as one of the group memberships – see group membership. Punch cards are not the responsibility of the Resource Library. See Equipment Room membership to see what is available when visiting the Equipment Room.