The Learning Hub
The Learning Hub was formerly known as the Resource Library. It opened as the Professional Resource Centre for Child Care in 1994 on King George Road and became part of the OEYC: Brant in 2002. With the name change from OEYC to EarlyON, the Resource Library is now known as The Learning Hub.
Due to COVID 19 we have a few new policies in place to ensure a safe borrowing experience:
- Child Care caregivers and parents please wash and disinfect all toys upon receipt.
- Five toy items may be borrowed at one time for two-week loan period
The Learning Hub Hours:
Monday 9:00 am- 4:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am- 4:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am- 7:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am- 4:00 pm
Saturday 9:00-12:00 pm
THE LIBRARY WILL BE CLOSED ON THE WEEKENDS THAT INCLUDE A STATUTORY HOLIDAY.
Equipment Room Services
Members have access to numerous pieces of equipment. To view membership options, please see below. Materials costs may apply if members are purchasing materials to use during their visit to the library equipment room. Click here, to see our current price list.
- Die Press Equipment and Sizzix Equipment
- Photo Copier / Colour Copier
- Bookbinding Machines
- Computer / Internet Access / Boardmaker/ Picture communiaton program
Toy Lending Services
- Toys, games, invitation and provocation kits, and resources suitable for children infant to school age
- All items are available to borrow for a two-week period and can be renewed for an additional two weeks.
- Members may borrow up to five items at one time.
The Learning Hub Membership Guidelines
View the Learning Hub membership information – membership includes use of the toy lending services and access to the equipment room
Please print the Membership Application & Guidelines and bring with appropriate payment (cash, cheque payable to Community Living Brant, or debit) to 30 Bell Lane, Brantford during Learning Hub hours of operation. Alternatively, you can complete the form in person at 30 Bell Lane, Brantford Ontario.
Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable. All members must be 12 years of age or older. Payment options: Cash, Cheque, Debit or Billed (for those with pre-approved billing privileges),
Memberships are individual and only to be used by the person whose name appears on the card. This membership provides access to Toy Lending Services and Equipment Room Access.
Day Pass Option – Day passes are available for non-members, at a rate of $5.00 per day. This option can only be used in the Equipment Room. There is no access to Toy Lending services.
10 Visit Punch Card Option – Punch cards may be purchased at a rate of $35.00. Punch cards are the same as a Day Pass. Punch cards are not the responsibility of the Resource Library.